The Automotive industry of Australia plays a crucial role in the development of our worldwide economy. It not only provides benefits to Australian motorists but also to their economy, workers & families. The industry has a great contribution to Australia’s economy for 70 years. Australia automotive industry is producing motor vehicles for many years. Moreover, it has also improved mobility & independence around Australian communities. From the mid of 1990, the industry produced the cars of advance technology such as- on-board diagnostics, advance safety.
Let’s have a look at what we study in this blog-
- Automotive Industry contribution in Country’s Economy
- Automotive Glisters Proudly in Domestic Manufacturing Industry
- The Role of the Automotive Industry in Research & development
- Automotive Industry Workforce and Employment
- Industry’s Contribution to Vehicle Production
Industry’s contribution in Country’s Economy
- The Industry provides job to 4,00,000 people through well settled 100,000 business across Australia covering a wide range of sectors such as retail, manufacturing, repair & logistics
- The annual turnover of the industry increase$160 billion. Therefore, Australia car industry is good source taxation revenue for the government such as- luxury car tax, GST, Tariff duty and Stamp duty etc. In this manner, the industry contributes a minimum of $10 billion as tax revenue to the government every year.
- The industry has a highly-skilled workforce producing high-quality products for domestically and oversea market.
Although, it has provided safe advance technology for Australian motorists as compare to other global markets
- The industry has also contributed to eco-friendly environmental schemes to reduce the impact of vehicles on Australia surroundings such as- the inclusion of oils & air-conditioning gases
- In 2010, the industry generated approximately $3.6 billion revenue in Australia.
Must read: 10 Essential Tips When Buying Used Car Parts
Automotive Glisters Proudly in Domestic Manufacturing Industry
Domestic manufactures are contributing towards Australia economy. Let’s see how- they are using the raw material of aluminium for making strong value-added things. Moreover, they get the raw material from unroadworthy vehicles (when the vehicle completed its life cycle). As unwanted vehicles go for dismantling process. There are lots of companies who are making efforts to convert this raw material into some valuable goods. Domestic manufactures not only using the raw material but also saving the environment from pollution.
The Role of the Automotive Industry in Research & Development
The automotive industry is investing a lot in research & development. They are not only working on the latest technologies but also making efforts on producing eco-friendly vehicles. In addition, the industry is working on zero-emission vehicles. This is also a great role of the industry towards cleaning the environment. The industry reduced the approximate 15% emission in the last past 8 years. They are adopting advance technology to lead the world in secure advancement technology.
Automotive Industry’s contribution to Employment
The automotive industry has a workforce of more than 400,000 people. It has a great role in providing directly or indirectly employment opportunities in Australia. Due to this good workforce, they were able to sell one million vehicles or more than 100,000 bikes last year in Australia. They have a crucial role in getting rid of unemployment in the industry. The industry is giving life to so many people in Australia & is the big resource for removing poverty.
Automotive Industry’s Role in Vehicle Production
In 2010, the industry produced 243,062 vehicles in Australia. Due to this, the industry gave the job to 60,000 people in Australia. They play a significant role in the development of the country. They have also invested $798 million for the growth of the industry in 2008. Moreover, this investment includes the training of highly professional workers & research work for vehicles.